Subject: [Leica] RE: Saving for Web for a PAW photo
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed May 31 19:58:58 2006

Hi Bradley, Nick & Ric
Just a minor follow up for interest.
The default to GIF in Save For Web was the default on my PC (with PSCS2)
I'd never used that particular setting.
I went back and looked again and noticed that, in my instance ImageReady
does the conversion. I have the complete Creative Suite 2, so I guess the
suite integration alters some defaults.
In any event, as both Ric and I said, you can just select JPG as your
option. T'was just some suggestions in case Bradley was not familiar with
the options.

Bradley, I'm looking forward to future PAWs

Nick, somewhat tenuous connection to England's Ashes statistical aberration.
Nice try though. Still if you sit a monkey at a piano for long enough, he
will eventually compose a masterpiece! The whole reference would be
completely mystifying to our American LUGices.

Cheers
Hoppy

There's a drop down menu in save for web (CS2) that lets you choose
web format. I set it to JPEG. I don't remember the default.

Ric Carter

Replies: Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] RE: Saving for Web for a PAW photo)