Subject: [Leica] F%#^$@#K -- now lost Leica tale
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed May 31 22:11:37 2006

When I was 18 or 19, living in Denmark, I once went skinnydipping with
some friends at a local beach--needless to say, in the middle of the
night after a long, liberally sprinkled party. The next morning, besides
the hangover, I had to deal with the fact that my wallet was nowhere to
be seen. I concluded I must have dropped it on the beach. Given the
circumstances, I could not remember exactly where on the beach we had
been, so going back to look for it was a hopeless quest. I set in motion
the process of replacing my drivers' license and whatever other
documents I had in the wallet--but 3 or 4 days later the wallet, with
all contents, including money, intact, arrived in the mail from Germany.
Some German tourists had found it the next day and since I had several
things in the wallet with my address on them, they just sent it back to
me with a friendly note.

Nice experience.

Nathan

--