Subject: [Leica] New old Picture
From: paswango at gmail.com (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Jun 3 10:02:29 2006

Daniel Ridings wrote:

See that self-timer, Phil?

http://www.ozdoba.net/leica/schraub_IIIc_e.html
------------- quote -------------------
Based on the early IIIc, there had been another, extremely rare model
(only 427 were made): The IIId, a IIIc with self-timer. (The first
IIId was even made before the IIIc!)

Daniel (and Don), what I wrote was confusing.  The camera I sold (the
one in the picture) was a RD IIIf (SN 717570).  The one I recently
bought was a late issue IIIc (SN 484...).  The only question left is how
did I remember that IIIf SN after 45 years! :-)

And Philippe, thanks for yor comments.  I didn't crop it because it was
a "found" photograph.  I agree about the lightness near the bottom.  The
original was in pretty bad shape and that  area was faded the most.  I
didn't spend much time trying to get it back to normal but it needs more
work.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE