Subject: [Leica] Re: 90mm's
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jun 5 19:12:33 2006

Robert,
Ahh, but they are not redundant.  For everyday work, the 90 2.8 is perfect.
Want fabulous portraits that are almost impossible to create otherwise, then
the Russian 85 F1.5 or Biogon 1.5 are very hard to beat.  Need a sharp lens
that doesn't render fine detail like facial blemishes then the 90 F4 Elmar
is just the ticket.  Need more speed but sufficient acuity then the 90
Summicron or the 90 Canon Serenar are perfect if somewhat large.

Lens choice can be just like choosing a red wine, subtle differences make or
break the choice.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com