Subject: RE [Leica] Chatter about digital M lenses
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jun 7 18:46:53 2006

Chris,
I should more accurately have speculated

For many pros who have DSLR systems the Leica MD may be of limited interest.
I'm not a pro but I'd like one as well! Just so it's not decorated by Ralph
Gibson.

Robert,
I agree that a proprietary RAW format would be a mistake. But Leica would
hardly be the first. And don't RAW files still involve some in camera
processing? Linear sensor output is altered to match our human colour
perception, isn't it?

Don't the DMR backs support DNG? I believe the sensor provider is not the
same company, though.

I was thinking that the "tweaks" could be stored with the EXIF data, and
similarly to any other edits would not affect the original RAW information.
So you could choose to disregard it if you wanted.

Can I find any of the Solms fairy dust on eBay?

My brain hurts. That's what I get for having an old analog model cranium.
But I've got some Delta 400 to finish in my T3 and a new Leica Lens book
just arrived in the mail so, I'm off to decompress.

Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 25