Subject: [Leica] Re: 90mm's
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Jun 8 14:37:59 2006

I should say Amen too!
Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Ted Grant
Enviado el: jueves, 08 de junio de 2006 5:22
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: Re: [Leica] Re: 90mm's

90mm lens. Big deal! ;-)

I find all these discussions quite amazing simply because in my time I
bought a lens inrelation to my work. It was like this:

I bought a Leica lens because it was fast as it could be, that was it. Did I

sweat a dog over whether it was as sharp as something else? Nope, it was
Leica, fast and I bought! Nothing else mattered!

As in any other lens or camera, I just wanted to do my work quickly,
efficiently and and hopefully to be given more assignments to feed my
family. That my friends was the criteria for anything photographic in
equipment.

And that's all that mattered, the right tool!  As I see these many lens bits

back and forth I realize very few of you people have ever had to rely on
your livehood through the camera or lens in hand. Quite interesting indeed.

Because my career has always been photojournalistic in nature, documentary,
news, magazine features, evolving into more in-depth books. I've never gone
through the emotional details some of you folks appear to do over equipment.

Simply because it was, has always been, still is, the visual effect of the
final image that counted far more than the quirks and quarks of a "lens."

I believe I've said in the past, the most important thing for me deciding
what lens to buy ...... "how fast is it?" That's all, as in there wasn't any

back and forth dilemma about imagery effects of the Noctilux, simply because

it was as fast as one could get! Bought it, used it extensively, still have
it and obviously if the people in Solms are clever enough to make a digital
camera to allow it's proper use on a digital camera it may well be used
again. ;-)  Maybe?

But it's quite amazing how much time people waste knocking themselves out
over fat, thin, skinny, long, short or whatever things that have appeared on

screen over one simple 90mm lens. It absolutely amazes me when you all would

be better off out shooting pictures with whatever 90mm lens you have .

WHY!

Because all that matters in the end is.... the beauty of the photograph
you've taken! Quite frankly with whatever the hell lens you use!

Not whether it's fat, thin, made in Canada, Spain, Germany or wherever! It's

the "final content in the photograph that counts," that's all.

Some of you people are breathing way to hard over nothing! Relax go take
pictures! ;-)

ted