Subject: [Leica] Eugene Smith and Minamata book
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jun 8 18:28:51 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>; "Leica Users Group"
<lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] Eugene Smith and Minamata book

> Thanks... I remember reading about the review of it in the Pop Photography
> magazine a few years ago. I will order a copy.
>
> Today, Salgado's Workers, and Uncommon Grace just came in, along with
> Michael Kenna's Le Notre's Gardens. yay....<<<<

Richard may I be so bold to ask? ;-)

You of course do have a copy of the unposed real life B&W coffee table size
classic book illustrating the medical profession in full stride? ;-)

"This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler."

If you don't I do have a few copies of this magical photographic documentary
that adornes the coffee tables of many a LUG member. :-)

The original price when published?  $120.00.  The hand bound leather copies
$250.00. ;-) Yep that's how good it is! It's no longer in print although
I've seen copies for sale used for much higher and lower prices on the
Internet.

However, if you are interested in a regular copy, signed personally to you
with a copy of the "Photographer's Supplement."  I'd be only too pleased to
let you have a copy for $80.00 US. plus shipping, which is roughly $15.00 to
most areas of the USA.

This isn't a light weight book as it's 14 1/2 inches square reproduced on
marvelous paper that makes the Leica shot images glow off the pages.And it
weighs about 3.3 kilos, around 9 lbs.

If in doubt I'm sure any number of Luggites who own it can confirm how good
it is. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Eugene Smith and Minamata book)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Eugene Smith and Minamata book)