Subject: [Leica] typical US brains?
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Jun 10 22:35:27 2006

At 08:44 AM 6/11/06 +0530, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
>By the way, do Rest of the World
>biases ever bother you?

Jayanand

The "rest of the world" (that is, non-US) have a huge number of biases, and
so be it.  If you are asking whether we are concerned over international
attidues, the answer is a decided "no";  this sort of foolishness led the
British and French to fail to meet the Fascists and Nazis in the middle
1930's with a decisive rejection, as "World Pubblic Opinion" told them not
to do so, and WWII resulted.  We are not so stupid.  We are the Big Dog in
the fight, and we know this. We have no desire to argue with anyone who
extends friendly relations with us but we are willing to slap down those
nations arguing with us or threatening our allies.  We wish peace in the
world but we will use force to resist force against our own or our allies.

We lived through 9-11, and it was a real matter to us.  Go figure.  It
rather gathered us into a national concentration to resist terrorism.  I
can arguie over the fine points of this, but I will note my personal
support on the opposition to such terrorism.

And why is this question being raised on the Leica Users' Group?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] typical US brains?)