Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 176
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jun 11 05:36:34 2006

Thanks Walt,
I have digested "the Photoshop CS2 for Photographers" by Scott Kelby. I
respect his practical approach very much. I'll check out the book that you
have recommended.
Regarding the scanning in RGB, are you referring to B/W negs or colour?
I can produce competent results from CN or transparency. And am functional
with B/W from those sources converted via channel mixing.
Also understand the prob with ICE & B/W. Just grasped that one thanks to
earlier posts on the LUG. Suddenly my output was no longer horrendously
"grainy"
I'm amid refining my scan technique from Velvia using Vuescan.
Here's a post.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/analog-images/Velvia_Mina

No social import, no reportage, just joy of family photography amid the
thrill of renewed enthusiasm with just wonderful equipment.
Elmarit M 90mm Velvia 100F---- Most stunning glass, most precious family

Re the 2400, I've read good things re dedicated B/W options from that
printer, so I'll have to investigate further.
Thanks again for your interest
Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 17