Subject: [Leica] supersized butts too
From: leicamshooter at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Mon Jun 12 04:44:23 2006

I'm curious as to your scanning process and film used. Would you care to
comment on this aspect of your photography.

  Thank you,
  Gonzalo

"Arche, Harvey" <Harvey.Arche@jp2hs.org> wrote:
  I'm in Tennessee: I shoot what I see.
Xtol woes sorted out, here's some stuff that had been waiting to be souped.

>From the mall:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/jabba
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/babycakes
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/handoff
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album395/shopping_pattern

For a promotion at the stock car track, they brought in the 'Green Mamba', a
Rolls-Royce engined jet-car. Midway through the evening's races, it came out
and did a couple laps. This means that at the beginning of each straightaway
the driver hammers the throttle for 2 seconds and then coasts half way
around the track, because there's no way they're going to let this sucker
get up to speed.
Thats not what its for.
They have two junkers stacked in the middle of the infield, and after the
scheduled races, the Mamba is going to melt them down!
So, come time, they roll the Mamba over and chain it to stakes already set,
chock the wheels, and let the driver climb in. He weighs about 290 and sits
in a little cage, presumably to keep him from getting sucked into the
engine. Now we have high-speed portable blow torch about 3 feet in diameter,
ready to go at it. It takes about 6-8 minutes to reduce the stacked junkers
to glowing slag, and then the fire trucks, who have been waiting patiently,
roar over from where they were parked about 100 yards away, with full lights
and sirens, and hose off the rubble. Big steam clouds, and everybody goes
home happy. Is this a great country or what?
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album404/mamba

GOYA & shoot,
Arche