Subject: [Leica] New M mount Sonnar 1.5 50mm
From: leicamshooter at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Fri Jun 16 05:29:54 2006

At 46mm in length, I believe this lens will provide a very compact
alternative to the Cosina 50/1.5. I think it's great that Zeiss is putting
out lenses for an obviously small number of users. It no doubt will compare
with the pre-asph summilux in terms of image quality, and will be a fun
option for many "hard-core" 50mm length users. If you want the sharpest,
then only the summilux asph, or current summicron will do, but many of us
use lenses who's MTF graphs pail in comparison to the latter two.

G Hopkinson <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
  Just announced by CZ, I want one

http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/CSonnar_1.5_50_ZM.EN/
$File/CSonnar_1.5_50_ZM.EN.pdf