Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Jun 14 11:38:34 2006

I don't know how or how deep Panasonic is involved in the developmeent of
the DM8, but the DMC-L1, a 4/3 DSLR, is definitely a Panasonic camera
completed with Olympus knowledge. Leica has contributed to the lens but has
not been significantly involved in the development of the body (AFAIK).
Similar to the Digilux-2/Panasonic DMC-LC1 models, a chromed Leica sister
model of the new Lumix is expected. Rumours talk about Leica prime lenses
for the 4/3 standard, too.
Didier.

Replies: Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] Digital Leica M)
Message from michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael) ([Leica] Digital Leica M)