Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jun 14 16:41:42 2006

Didier, as you noted, Leica has an oar in the water for the four thirds
mount with that first zoom. Interesting also that Zeiss seem to be forging a
similar trail for Sony (Alpha DSLR) Minolta mount. CZ also has M mount
lenses for their Zeiss Ikon RF, and their Z range now currently for Nikon F
and M42 screw thread mounts as you probably know. They also make digi-primes
for cine applications.
http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/GraphikTitelIntern/09/$File/09.jpg

Regarding the MD, I would think it will be quite separate from the Panasonic
design since the four thirds dimensions and requirements are different.
Note the different "crop factors". And the lens dimension would need to be
very different.

Meanwhile, William intimates that he has some insider knowledge that he can
not share, but of course is busting to give hints about!
Can't wait for the Photokina, but then what will be speculate about?

Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 25