Subject: Consumerism [was RE: [Leica] Digital Leica M]
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Jun 14 17:27:06 2006

Figure the cabinets at between $500 and $1000 per linear foot, for the tops
and the same for the bottoms.  It depends on the local
market ( and somewhat on the materials, but the market is the most important
issue.)  This is for "custom " grade, not off the shelf
cabinetry from Home Despot.  Is custom better than off the shelf?  Maybe.
Depends on who is building it and especially how it was
built.

Yes, the granite or imitation granite or marble or whatever is around $ 5-
10K, but if you add a decorative edge detail, this can
escalate quickly.

Finally,  the appliances..... $20K sounds right for a fancy kitchen set of
appliances.  ( "normal" appliances are around $5K or
less.)

Flooring, paint, electrical, lighting is extra.  Add as much as you wish.

Full Kitchen job?  Minimum $20K  Top end?  I saw a kitchen that cost......
$450K.  It was nice, but $450K?.

We just finished a kitchen for a school project.... The job, without
appliances, granite, or extras, using custom made cabinets (
capable of living through an earthquake of ( seemingly) 11.9 rating) was
$50K in value.  I will not comment on factory cost except
to say that it was less.... Especially since ALL the labor was free.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

What planet do YOU live on - I'll bet the APPLIANCES ran $20K, the
counter tops (with installation $10K unless they used a marble in blue
so it becomes $20K), and the cabinets, if they're good, another $20K.

Yes, we're about to remodel our kitchen -- any day now -- good thing
I'm still not eating!

Adam