Subject: [Leica] New M mount Sonnar 1.5 50mm
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 15 17:26:52 2006

Hoppy,
It has significant vignetting, isn't especially good wide open and has an
unknown price point.  Instead, pick up a Zeiss Opton Sonnar in LTM at around
$350 U.S.  There are quite a few of these out there and you will be getting
the genuine thing(genuine in terms of the original design.  I have no doubt
that the new design will be a better lens).  I suspect that a 1.8 Canon
Serenar(LTM) will perform as well and be much cheaper.

I really don't mean to rain on the parade as I do own and use quite a few
"inferior" lenses but use them when the flaws are to my advantage.  Going in
eyes wide open and it will be a good choice as you will know what to expect.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com