Subject: [Leica] Re:Digital M vs RD-1
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Jun 16 06:55:50 2006

Of course it will. And it will certainly "outperform" the 5mgp chip in the
Olympus E1...which can now be had for about 10 percent of what the digital
M will go for. Of course the far more important question is whether it will
outperform the full-frame Canon 5D, which costs $1800 less than the 1.3
factor DM will go for, or even whether it will outperform the Canon and
Nikons in the $1200 to $1800 range. Finally, keep in mind that this isn't
just about mgp numbers any more.