Subject: [Leica] 4/3 question
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Jun 17 11:28:18 2006

I'm not going to bite, little bridge dweller. :-) Seriously, for the
current price, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that you can purchase
new in that price range that can touch an Oly E-1 in build and feature
quality. On the other hand, I think Oly made a mistake going down the 4/3
road because the smaller the sensor, and higher the pixel count, the harder
it is to control noise.
On yet another hand, the 4/3 'pro' lenses Olympus has been turning out are
truly excellent.
Finally - as always, the proof is in the image. Go to my website and take a
look at the subway series - all 4/3, or the Birthday weekend - all 4/3. A
lot
of other stuff was also shot with the 4/3 digital, but I'd have to look -
oh, wait, the cardiac surger stuff and the neonatal stuff as well.
Again, I can't stress enough the E1 build quality. The only two digital
bodies that can touch it are the two top-of- the line Canon bodies, and the
top-of- the-line Nikon - at almost 20x the price, and a minimum of about 8x
the price.
B. D.