Subject: [Leica] 4/3 question
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Jun 17 18:58:07 2006

Phil Swango writes:

> BD, or anyone else:  I seem to be missing the point of the 4/3concept.
> I can get several makes of DSLRs in the 6-8 mp range (APS-size sensor) for
> $600-800.  Most will take some lenses I already have. Since the better 4/3
> cameras cost that much or more, what's the advantage?

> Not trolling -- I'm actually trying to learn something.
>
> TIA

Hi Phil,

If you can get a DSLR that takes lenses that you already own, and like to
use, and you need or want a digital camera I'd say go for it. Might be worth
renting one for a day or two first to see if it fits with your style of
shooting and gives you a look in its results that you like.

Btw, I believe that you'd only qualify as a List Troll if you constantly
ranted and raved about some other camera brand(s) every time the subject of
Leica is brought up on the Lug. Something I don't see you doing.

Regards,

Greg