Subject: [Leica] odd problem with Epson 2400 and 4800
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sun Jun 18 19:29:25 2006

Brian,

When I open the JPEG in Photoshop CS2 is has the profile
HFA2400PhotoRagMK attached to it. Is that what you want?

I suspect that you are running the print through the colorspace
converter twice.

What I generally do is select an output profile, manually "convert to
profile ..." and then tell the epson driver not to do anything (I
trust PS to properly convert the colorspace better than Epson's
drivers for some reason :-)

If you do that *and* if what you see on the screen is not what you
see on the paper then there is a problem with the printer profiles.

I also note that on my calibrated monitor, the original image's skin
has some blotchy areas of magenta (though not nearly as pronounced as
the scanned 2400 print).

Jonathan