Subject: [Leica] Panasonic releases the Lumix DMC-L1
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Wed Jun 21 16:53:08 2006

Well, well, well.

Interesting camera. I like all the looky-feely talk, their priorities
seem to match my tastes. But that really has little to do with
getting pictures.

The main advantage I see, functionally, over the Olympus 330 is that
Panasonic has finally provided a 4/3 system that uses USB 2.0 High
Speed, which non of the Olys do. This makes a real difference on-
site, the download speed lets the photographer clear the camera much,
much faster.

The other interesting feature, IMO, is the fact the autofocus works
in the mirror-up mode. I suppose there is no reason now not to make
an interchangable lens EVF, should the quality of the EVFs ever get
good enough.

It will be fun to actually handle one of these when they actually
show up in the store. Panasonic (Matsushita) is a large enough
manufacturer to sustain a significant pipeline if the demand grows
with the system.

Will