Subject: [Leica] was: did I miss a fight? NOW snapshots and criticism
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jun 29 17:24:35 2006

At 07:10 PM 6/29/2006, you wrote:
>I think some of us are being a bit sensitive. If I posted some
>mediocre photos, I'll learn from it and move on. If I have not, I'll
>rest satisfied he was talking about someone else.
>
>Cuz Ric

I agree that we're usually too sensitive.  Some of us like one kind
of photo and some like another.  I like photos of people so usually
peeling paint and landscapes don't do a whole lot for me.  I also
don't care that much about equipment and which lens and what film. On
the other hand, I love GeeBee's landscapes and never miss looking at
one.  And Doug's photos of animals are exceptional.  Sonny's daily
life photos of his community will live on after all of us are
gone.  And Steve's hospital photos of children make us feel truly
blessed.  I love them all for different reasons.  I don't always
comment because I don't know what to say about most of the
photos.  That doesn't mean they have no worth.  Somebody else might
think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Who am I to
disagree!  If I don't like a photo, I can just click delete and go
on.  It only takes a second or two and it's not a waste of time to
see what everybody else is seeing.  I sometimes talk to the computer
and say "What? Why did he post that one?" but even that is part of my
education in photography.  Who posted what and why?  On the average,
I think this list posts much better photos than most.  What more can you ask?

I'm proud to be a part of this "all-boys" camera club and hope nobody
ever gets their feelings hurt because I don't comment on their
photos.  I'm here and I'm looking.  I enjoy them all. Thanks for posting.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] was: did I miss a fight? NOW snapshots and criticism)