Subject: [Leica] was: did I miss a fight? NOW snapshots and criticism
From: Bartphotog at aol.com (Bartphotog@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jul 1 16:45:34 2006

I happen to greatly enjoy a large proportion of Sonny's work, precisely
because it isn't pretentious attempted Great Art,  but rather documents,
skillfully
and with obvious affection, the beauty he sees around him, both in the place
and in the people, including many of the everyday-but-special moments we all
treasure, but seldom manage to capture, or at least to capture as well as
he.
Even if I didn't care for his work, though, I just can't understand what
purpose is served by engaging in bitter, ad hominem attacks like this.

"Get a grip!" is the right admonition, but to the wrong person.

Bart