Subject: [Leica] RE:Re: Colour Correction Assistance, Best Colour Film to Scan?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 2 09:52:25 2006

At 02:11 AM 7/2/2006, you wrote:
>I know there are some experienced scan gurus in the LUG (are you listening
>Tina?) So perhaps some more advice will be forthcoming.
>
>I think quite a few folk use the hybrid path of film capture then scan &
>inkjet print. For me it's the very best solution. I don't know if there's
>any sort of FAQ facility in the LUG, but this would be a great subject.
>Hoppy

I don't know if I can help much with this.  I just use the Nikon Scan
software and white and black balance with the eyedropper.  That
brings you very, very close to perfect color balance and then, when I
open in PSCS2, I check the color correction again.  I use a Spyder to
calibrate my monitor and finally learned to convert to sRGB before
posting photos on the web.  That made the biggest difference.  I use
ProPhoto RGB for archiving and ImagePrint for prints.  I'm scanning
all kinds of color transparency and color negative film.  I like Fuji
Astia and Provia best.  The book I recommended early has got some
tips for scanning different kinds of films.  The Kodachrome setting
on the Nikon works pretty well for Kodachrome colors.  I don't know
of any other tricks except to experiment until you find what works for you!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] RE:Re: Colour Correction Assistance, Best Colour Film to Scan?)