Subject: [Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 2 09:28:00 2006

At 03:02 AM 7/1/2006, you wrote:

>Interesting problem, though.  Short of a bubble level, how do you
>keep the horizon straight when there's no straight horizon?
>
>--Peter

It's a beautiful photo and, if it is tilted, it's only
slightly.  There's an easy way to find out and correct it in PS.  In
Tools, go to the Eyedropper drop down menu and select Measure.  You
can then draw a line along the apparent horizon (either horizontally
or, in other photos, use a tree or light pole and draw a vertical
line).  Then go to Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary.  It will tell you
how many degrees off of straight the line is and, if you click OK, it
will straighten the photo for you.  You may already know this, but
it's often the only way I can tell if my photos are exactly
straight.  I tend to tilt them slightly to the right.

It's a gorgeous photo anyway and makes me want to go there.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from jviiret at gmail.com (Justin Viiret) ([Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway)