Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Lens to Hasselblad camera adapter......
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Jul 4 07:27:45 2006

At 06:47 AM 7/4/06 -0700, Frank Filippone wrote:
>I have seen an adapter listed for sale... It allows the use of Visoflex
lenses in M39 mount onto a Hasselblad 200/2000 series
>camera.
>
>Is there an adapter to allow the use of M lenses into M39 mount ( I
realize infinity focusing will not work.)  ( Hint.. probably a
>macro part)  This allows me to use my Visoflex bayonet mount lens to the
Hasselblad body adapter.

>Has anyone ever tried to use a combination like this?  Experiences, good
or bad?
>Do the 400mm + longer Visoflex lenses cover the 6x6 format without
vignetting due to the barrel size?

Frank

A minor nit-pick:  M39 is 39mm by 1mm and is a standard DIN thread.  Leica
Thread-Mount (LTM) is 39mm by 26 turns-per-inch Whitworth, a nifty 1/40mm
difference which flummoxed FED before WWII and Canon immediately afterwards.

Kilfitt made an adapter to fit their lenses to the Hasselblad 1600F/1000F.
These adapters are relatively common and will also work on the Kiev 88
family.  Much rarer is the later adapter to fit Kilfitt/Zoomar lenses to
the 2000F/200 series of cameras.  I honestly forget the modifications, but
a bit of machining will allow the use of Viso lenses while preserving
infinity focus.  I once had such an adapter which I stupidly sold, as I
then lacked a camera on which to use it.

The easiest way to do this with a 2000/200 camera would be to purchase a
Hasselblad body cap and then have either an LTM or M Bayonet mount glued
into a hole made there for the purpose.  Hasselblad also made a blank lens
mounting plate but these cost a lot more than a body cap.  I have a body
cap into which Charlie Barringer inserted a Royal Microscope Society
mounting ring so that I can do macro work with my 2000 FCM, a combination
which works quite well.

With the Visoflex lenses, there might be some back-focus issues -- the
optical registration of the PLOOT/Visoflex I is 90.5mm and that of the
later Visoflex II/IIa/III is 68mm, while the optical registration of a
Hasselblad 2000/200 is 74.90mm.  So, a later Visoflex lens (one with an M
bayonet on it) should be able to work with infinity focus so long as a
6.9mm shim is added to the mix.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!