Subject: [Leica] Jill Greenberg's Distressed Children
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jul 6 18:46:17 2006

Scott,
The issue isn't that childhood can be a rotten experience.  The issue isn't
that family can be pretty rotten.  The real issue is that the parents want
an image that show their child upset(can't take a picture when they try to
feed their child brussel sprouts?) and a photographer thinks that it would
be a great idea to show a child upset and then upsets the child.  H*&L, I
can do that in any grocery store, toy store, park, or any other public place
with a 100 to 200mm lens.

In the same way that we discourage children from frying ants with a
magnifying glass we should discourage adults from tormenting children.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com