Subject: [Leica] Tale of Two Telyts
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Fri Jul 7 07:56:22 2006

>> A green heron from last week which had been preening itself for about
>> 20 minutes; I'll spare you the sequence and cut to the result:
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album409/PreenedGreenHeronLrgrSRGB

Adam Bridge wrote the following:

I love the green heron shot - your preening sequence must be amazing.

Thank you for sharing. Damn - you guys have a VERY high bar!

Adam -

Thanks for this.  The preening sequence is actually kinda comic, with
the heron assuming a series of ungainly postures in pursuit of whatever
it is that these birds are pursuing when they do that...

Regarding the bar you mentioned, I expressed to Doug Herr last year how
difficult he had made it for us regular folks to show any birdsnaps
'cause he had set the bar so damn high; his response was something to
the effect of "How do you think I feel - now I've got to try to beat my
own best work!" (apologies if my ailing memory has distorted your
original statement, Doug.)

Bob Palmieri