Subject: [Leica] Jill Greenberg's Distressed Children
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Fri Jul 7 08:20:22 2006

The thing that immediately came to mind when I saw these pictures was the
'grenade-boy' by Diane Arbus:

http://x4a.xanga.com/195d3753d323446676727/b19587338.jpg

The original sense of this image completely changed for me when I finally
saw the contact sheet (of which this page only shows a part):

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/1209/p18s01-bogn.html

and I realized the kid had been asked to clown around with a prop. I guess
it has something to do with setting up a situation just to get a sensational
shot.

Arche

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Jill Greenberg's Distressed Children)