Subject: [Leica] Re: The New York Times Knows Its Stuff
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jul 12 14:14:22 2006

Canon doesn't make a D5. (Nikon doesn't, either.) Canon does, howver, make a
5D. That's the most obvious difference in the two paragraphs.

That said, "35mm" could be in error, too. Because a Canon Mark II still
might NOT be 35mm. If the NYT uses EOS-1 D Mark IIs, then their photogs are
working with a 1.3 crop factor--a tad short of 35mm. If, on the other hand,
they are shooting EOS-1 Ds Mark IIs, then they ARE working with a
full-frame, 35mm sensor. But, at $7000 a body, give or take, even Pinch
might feel the pinch. The Canon 5D, of course, is full frame. But, unlike
the EOS-1 bodies, you can't drag it behind the car to the shoot and expect
it to still work.

But, who are we quibble with America's newspaper of record? : )

-Chris Lawson

From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith342@cox.net>