Subject: [Leica] new lens info for 90 guys
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Jul 12 16:00:25 2006

At 4:14 PM -0400 7/12/06, Tina Manley wrote:
>At 11:53 AM 7/12/2006, you wrote:
>  The one stop of extra performance didn't make sense for the money and
> weight
>>    *            Henning J. Wulff
>
>It does if you need the extra stop ;-)  The 85/1.2 and 24/1.4 are my
>two favorite Canon lenses.
>
>TIna

Certainly, Tina. I have the 24/1.4 as well, and I use it a lot, but
its performance is acceptable rather than good. The 35/1.4 is a whole
different thing, and that lens is really great.

As a lot of the stuff I shoot holds still, I find that something like
the 24-105 with IS can actually allow me to get a shot at
significantly lower light levels than a f/1.4 or so lens without IS.

As I wrote to someone else just now, these statements on relative
quality, worth, etc are 'objective' only in my universe, where I'm
concerned with what I shoot and the results I like. Probably a
disclaimer that can be attached to most 'tests' on the 'net to one
degree or other. :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] new lens info for 90 guys)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] new lens info for 90 guys)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] new lens info for 90 guys)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] new lens info for 90 guys)