Subject: [Leica] Power of B&W?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jul 13 14:28:01 2006

Daniel,
Your comments about the midwest U.S.A. brought home my difficulties living
in the southern US.  I grew up in a swath from central Nebraska to the
Mississippi delta.  All the land was flat, flat, flat.  I took it for
granted that you could see the tornado coming at you for tens of miles.  I
remember seeing the Rocky mountains from more than a hundred miles away(long
time ago).  When I moved to the eastern pine forest I had a hard time
realising why wasn't happy.  After a few years it dawned on me that I loved
the elephant and would eventually go back when financial bribes to stay in
the forest ceased.

Every one should spend some time either on the plains of the U.S. or go east
to the steppes of Russia.  It really is different when your even horizon is
many, many kilometers away.  I think that is why the sea has such appeal to
many,  your vista and possibilities seem endless.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com