Subject: [Leica] Professional Tourist
From: gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat Jul 15 22:27:43 2006

I am with Ted 100% on this one. Stock work is damned hard work for a
speculative fee, and when I shoot on many locations I am no different
in the way I shoot rom any other tourist on the location. The only
difference is my eye and the amount of work marketing my images I put
in when I return from my trip. In return I bring the beauty etc. of
the location to people who would maybe never even know about it, but
will then be inspired to visit and bring revenue dollars back in
multiples to the location. Unlike Ted  will not (generally) break the
rules but the rules are stupid and can be argued against. In general I
have found that with a gentle approach most people are only to happy
to accommodate.

Gerry