Subject: [Leica] Maria, Yes or No?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jul 16 19:25:27 2006

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: Maria, Yes or No?

> PESO:
> This one I don't know about.  The shadow of the doorway on the right is
> very distracting, but if I crop it out, I also crop out Jesus and I like
> that as a part of the photo.  I haven't been able to lighten the shadow
> convincingly.  Forget it or keep trying?
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/63619863<<<<

Tina,
I don't think you need to sweat this as much as you are. It's a nice
photograph and yes being able to take the "shadow out" would be helpful?
However!

Another approach?  Why not try to burn the shadow across the bottom of the
frame about half way up to her feet... subtly of course and feathered out at
the half way point and out the left lower side?

In other words drag the darkened area across as a smooth sweep that comes
across the bottom of the frame as a continuing line of shadow and out the
left side?

It doesn't need to be distinct, a slight shadowing across the bottom of the
frame half way between her feet and the bottom of the photograph.

I say this because there appears to be a kind of shadowing on the couch and
floor to the lower left corner and side. So the shadow across the bottom
only requires a very slight burning in to tone it down joining the shadowing
on the couch.

It's got to be worth a try. The hardest part will be trying to keep the
bottom shadow as smooth as the door shadow and not have it look like it's a
burn in area.

Certainly worth a try.

ted

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Maria, Yes or No?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Maria, Yes or No?)