Subject: [Leica] Paying to shoot
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 17 08:52:26 2006

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Paying to shoot

Frank Filippone said:
>>You have been specifically and officially told to refrain from taking
>>pictures for professional purposes.... ......Your ethical
>>response is to do what?<<<,,

Tina Manley  responded:
> Leave, taking my tourist dollars with me, and write a strong letter
> telling why I will never return until they change their draconian
> practices.<<<<

Right on Tina!!!
Having shot all kinds of travel-tourist advertising related assignments and
run into this kind of "you can't take pictures here without paying!" I do
and have done exactly the same thing!

Here I am about to do a picture series at no expense to the refusing party,
particularly when the end result photographs will be used in major travel
advertising to bring tourists to their location and I'm refused the
opportunity unless I pay for the "privilege?"

To hell with that nonsense, I'll take the assignment else where to help
those who understand the value of "free photography and major advertising!"

Yep make sure as you leave they understand the value of the advertising
they've just thrown out the window! Nicely of course and walk away. However
a note in the mail to the CEO or PR people later explaining exactly what was
thrown away due to some common sense not being applied.
ted

Replies: Reply from gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Paying to shoot)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Paying to shoot)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Paying to shoot)