Subject: [Leica] Consensus on external hard drives
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Jul 20 19:32:42 2006

Hi, Dave! Haven't seen you in about 30 years.

(Dave was my boss from 1970 to 1974, or thereabouts. I went off to grad
school in 1974, but the company did just fine without me.)

I remember working hard following Dave's instructions to get a 300-baud
modem channel piggybacked on a high-speed 9600-baud synchronous printer
circuit.

And at that time my Leica IIIf was already 15 years old. It's still working
fine, but every single computer that he paid me to work on has been in the
junkpile for a quarter of a century.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon Keeper and old-time computer programmer, who can still explain
ones'-complement arithmetic to you and explain why -0 is not equal to 0, but
who is polite enough that he won't.