Subject: [Leica] At the reunion
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Jul 22 15:37:04 2006

I've been on the road for the past week or so at my wife's family
reunion in Spearfish, South Dakota - that's up by Mount Rushmore for
you monument fans and very near to Sturgis for you biker-dudes.

Things began on Thursday and on Friday everyone, all 50, had arrived.

Saturday night we hosted a reception for the family in honor of our
oldest who had a small wedding back in Virginia. Only a few family
members attended so this was a way to meet the bride and groom. We
held it at a catering location south of town.

It was HOT, in the 100s every day. And we shared the town with over
800 Corvettes of every year and model you can imagine. Amazingly,
almost everyone who was a part of the Corvette rally was about my age!
It was so fun! I've never felt so mainstream! I'll have some images
derived from that experience later on.

After the dinner I looked outside and there was this glorious "golden
hour" light - filtered through smoke from a lightning kindled
range-fire near Devils Tower in Wyoming, maybe 30 miles away.

We took lots of photos - big group ones where I had to set the camera
and run to make it into the picture - and some smaller ensembles.

This one is Jack and his mother and father. Jack is a favorite subject
of mine - he's open, honest, a delightful child, and NOT happy to be
plucked away from the cousins and uncles who were playing a bit of
baseball:

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/_L3U3796.jpg>

Moments after his feet hit the ground he was scurrying off to join the
crowd. A boy of summer. Running.

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/_L3U3797.jpg>

All images take with a Canon 1Ds MKII, 24-70L f2.8 lens. Shot wide
open with a bit of fill 'cause it was past sunset at this point. Still
over 100 degrees too!

Comments welcome of course.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] At the reunion)