Subject: [Leica] Re: Autofoucs
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jul 23 08:51:57 2006

Christopher,
The trick is knowing how to use the sensors, otherwise autofocus is a
perpetual frustration.  Just like Ted knows where to point his camera for
metering so that he can KISS through life you have to know what the outboard
sensors are looking for.  Typically if you rotate the camera slightly so
that the sensor can find some contrast that it likes they can be amazingly
fast but if the sensor is looking for horizontal contrast and you are
shooting fence poles you won't find focus this century.  The central sensors
are cross type so they will focus on anything which is why many people
default to them.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com