Subject: [Leica] a PAW for me
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jul 23 21:14:50 2006

Eric Korenman said and showed:

>I worked on this image for most of my evening with the intention of posting
> a PAW.
> MF TCN film scanned and PS tweaked until right.
> It is my daughter playing in the sand at cape cod. A quiet moment.
>
> After posting it to my website, I saw it from the eyes of strangers and
> realized it probably isn't  that distinct from other 'kid' shots.
> So.. A PAW for me. I love it.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ppkye

Hi Eric,

A fine family moment, what else can one say, a cute young lady indeed. Keep
this handy for another 20 years or so then you'll appreciate the picture and
your daughter a thousand fold more. :-)

>>>I worked on this image for most of my evening with the intention of
>>>posting
> a PAW. MF TCN film scanned and PS tweaked until right.<<<<<<

Eric,  I have to ask what was wrong with the photograph that required you to
work most of an evening to get it right? I mean it appears a strait forward
shot of your daughter playing in the sand, So what was there you removed?
Moved? Added? Fixed?

> After posting it to my website, I saw it from the eyes of strangers and
> realized it probably isn't that distinct from other 'kid' shots.<

Correct! It's a straight forward family happy snap!

Looking at it as a stranger, yes it's just some kid sitting in the sand with
toys lying around half in and half out of the frame. And why didn't the
photographer crop them out or all in at the time of the picture taking??

However, family pictures as our children are growing up are the most
wonderful visual treasures we have. Without question become far more
valuable each passing year. And from that point it's a neat shot. Trust me
if all goes well over the years some day she may well be "a mom herself"
showing this photo to her children. And that's when it get's really really
wonderful. trust me been there with our 4 children and 10 grand children
with some of the greatest family moments looking at the old family picture
collection.

But I'm interested why you had to work on it all evening to make it right,
like what was wrong with it requiring that amount of fixing?

ted

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] a PAW for me)