Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: RE: Don's PAW 28 or so,
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 05:19:47 2006

In a message dated 7/24/2006 2:20:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
hoppyman@bigpond.net.au writes:
Was that Graham (geebee) who was given the  exercise by KC?
Doesn't he only do stylish landscapes with clouds these  days???

This is from GeeBee's webpage:
36 Total Strangers

Very few of  my shots have people in them and this point was noted by Kyle
Cassidy. I waffled  some excuse about British reserve and Kyle?s solution
was to
set me a project  where I had to get 36 shots (1 roll of film - remember
film?) of total  strangers. The theory being that it would cure me once and
for
all of my  personal discomfort at the prospect of sticking a camera in a
strangers face. He  laid down some rules on equipment (no telephoto lenses),
location
(no parades)  and I had to ask permission before taking the shot. With these
in mind I loaded  a roll of film and set out on the project. One roll of
film
proved to be a  little over optimistic and it took me eighteen months to get
all thirty six  :-)

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Strangers/index.html

Regards,
Sonny