Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sat Jul 29 05:45:17 2006

On Jul 29, 2006, at 8:30 AM, G Hopkinson wrote:

> Cheers
> Hoppy, de-facto champion of the global community.

Hoppy, I, too, am a champion of the soon-to-be-and-already-is global
community, and perhaps some of the problem here lies with a system
that is inefficient because it never had to be efficient.  As several
folk have pointed out, there was a time when the USA ruled the
marketplace, so it didn't matter whether or not our trading systems
were efficient.  The USPS does not make it easy for us to ship
outside the USA.  It is cumbersome, confusing, ill-managed.  IMHO, it
is NOT designed to be a part of the global marketplace, at all.

So, those of us who do want to trade with our overseas friends find
it to be a difficult thing to do.  It has nothing to do with laziness
or ethnocentrism.

ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn