Subject: [Leica] in which kyle signs a photo book deal .....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Jul 30 08:15:58 2006

Hey kids,
  It's been a long time coming. Last monday I signed a deal with Krause
Books, a division of F+W publications to publish "Armed America: Portraits
of Gun Owners in Their Homes" Of all the publishers I talked to, they were
the ones who I thought fit best with my vision of the book and were by far
the most enthusiastic about it.

I'm about a third of the way done with it. August 17th I fly to Green Bay
with my assistant, Phil, and we're driving from there south to Saint Louis,
then Kentucky and then east through Ohio doing more portraits. If you're
along that route (http://www.armedamerica.org/second-road-trip/route2.jpg)
and have a gun in your closet or your truck or under your bed, please drop
me a line off list.

Many thanks to Ted Grant and B.D. Colen both of whom provided invaluable
advice when I was shopping this and looked at my book proposal more times
than anyone should have to while I was in the process of revising it.

Thanks also to Peter Miller who doesn't know it, but who was a big influence
on me.

Publication is scheduled for Fall '07

keep sending out those query letters, someone will write back,

kc

www.armedamerica.org

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] in which kyle signs a photo book deal .....)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] in which kyle signs a photo book deal .....)