Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 sighted!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jul 31 18:44:53 2006

Slobodan,
In the U.S Fuji has pretty much fullfilled their goal.  Top two
photofinishers (Walmart and Ritz) use Fuji paper and chemicals.  Fuji film
is outselling Kodak film, that would be the Wal-Mart effect.  Even with
heavy restructuring costs Fuji has been profitable while Kodak has shed tens
of thousands of jobs and lost hundreds of millions of dollars.  Kodak
doesn't really have a long term vision for survival(several years ago it was
digital cameras, then printers, now ribbon and paper for their Kiosks).
Kodak is still making good money from their medical business but is
discussing selling it to keep paying the bills.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com