Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 sighted!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jul 31 18:51:43 2006

B.D.
Canon is a very aggressive company with truly vast resources.  However,
Nikon has been very nimble of late and their pricing strategy WRT the D200
and the D70 have kept their sales up there.  You can tell that Canon is
getting a little soft by looking at the pricing of their flashes and some of
their lenses compared to Nikon.

However, Canon is expected to bring out a new low end DSLR by Photokina and
I expect some movement between the D30 and the Rebel as the new Nikon
10.2MPwill be priced around 1K putting pressure on both the Rebel and
the D30.
However, Nikon's soft spot has alway been the ability to produce product.
D200's have finally become generally available although the D50 has become
hard to get making me think that their production ability is stretched while
Canon seems able to crank out product like bagels.

The Sony product is too toy like to be serious except in the Wal-Mart market
so probably will do much to shake up brand N and C.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com