Subject: [Leica] your pictures are our history....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed Aug 2 05:24:52 2006

some of you may remember that my father called me several weeks ago to say
that the access road to the woods where we spent a lot of time during my
childhood had been closed off. we visited it and walked the three or four
miles from one end to the other, reminisicing about things that had happened
in a particular place, a snake we'd caught, a lean-to we'd built ... anyway,
he wrote yesterday to say that he'd driven past and the forrest was being
bulldozed -- it's been sold for development.

remember what you're capturing when you press that shutter button. your
memory is intangeable, but your photographs, those are very real and if you
perform consistant and accurate backups, they'll persist.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/2006/woods/