Subject: [Leica] Some China photos
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Aug 3 11:42:05 2006

>Gorgeous collection. Wonderful color and skin tones. Please share
>your technical details - cameras, films, chips, work flow, scanning,
>what ever.
>
>Regards,
>George Lottermoser
>george@imagist.com
>

>On Aug 3, 2006, at 12:45 PM, Henning Wulff wrote:
>
>>Finall I got around to getting some photos together from my China trip.
>>
>>http://archiphoto.com/Various/China/index.htm
>>
>>More photos to come.

Thanks, George.

Cameras were a Canon 5D and 350D; I think only one photo was with the
350D (0137).

Mostly I used the 24-105IS; telephoto was 70-300DO and some other
shots such as  3145, 3162 and 3550 were with the 12-24.

Processing was all in PS-CS2. I use Photokit Sharpener at import and
at the end. In between, some light cropping, one (4245) had some
burning, a couple had some light curve treatment, one (5141) had some
severe curve and contrast treatment as the exposure range was
horrendous. The non-people ones had some Unsharp masking for local
contrast enhancement (15%, 100 radius or something similar) while
most of the people pictures didn't.

The two pictures of weird buildings on the Yangtze had severe
contrast treatment, with saturation reduction as the haze was extreme
and the originals were dead flat. Saturation levels now are about
accurate, but due to the severe contrast enhancement still look
oversaturated. I'll probably go back and reduce it a bit.

All the pictures were output from Photoshop at 1200pixels high as I'm
trying to get a presentation together for a 24" screen, and then the
pictures were brought into iView which was used to do the web
display, including final reduction.

Thems's the details. Pretty much all of them, except for what I was
wearing while doing it. :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design