Subject: [Leica] IIIc or IIIf?
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Fri Aug 4 16:46:02 2006

Hoppy-
I tried to write you offlist, but the letter got
rejected 3 times since last Friday!

Boiled down, my take is that the IIIf is just a IIIc
that's been pimped up with an unusable flash synch,
and maybe a self timer. With the IIIc you get
essentially the same camera for US$100-$200 less.
Gandy's 'screw-mount leica buyers guide' covers it all
a lot better than I.

Gandy says to avoid the immediate post-war years, but
my user IIIc is a sharkskin model with mild pitting
from 1947, and I think it's beautiful.

Didn't want you to think I'd blown you off; I just
persisted too long in trying to get that other letter
through.

Arche