Subject: [Leica] Another Altered Photo
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Mon Aug 7 12:08:09 2006

"Landis may have taken a little extra testosterone to stay in the race.
He just wanted to stay in the race after all. If so he cheats. One can
make up a lot of excuses, but the bottom line is he was fired for
altering a photograph."

Holy cow!  Floyd Landis altered a photograph, too??  Now I AM
disillusioned. :-)

I spent the bulk of my career writing and presenting news in wire
service and broadcast employ. One reason I switched careers was because
the once distinct terms "editorial" and "opinion" are now synonymous.
Mr. McKee may very well be correct in his sympathetic theory regarding
the photographer's motives for his clumsy cloning.  Nevertheless, it was
wrong; a graphical version of a deliberate misquote.  The miscreant can
redeem himself, however.  If he's really good (at shooting, not
Photoshop) he can sell to other agencies -- or become a wedding shooter!

Craig Roberts
Washington, DC

Replies: Reply from jsluss at hughes.net (John Sluss) ([Leica] Another Altered Photo)
Message from jsluss at hughes.net (John Sluss) ([Leica] Another Altered Photo)