Subject: [Leica] Amsterdam Pride 2006
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Aug 7 22:12:57 2006

Thanks, Arche. To explain some of the boats: the organizers of the event
pick a major theme each year. This year it was, not surprisingly,
Rembrandt (the Netherlands has been going gaga celebrating the 400th
anniversary of his birth). Hence the many references to painting and the
period dress on many boats. The UN blue helmets are there every
year--that particular group just likes that theme. The company-sponsored
boats (I noted Xerox, IBM, Shell, ABN Amro and ING) are from the
gay/lesbian employee associations at these companies.

The rest are whatever the groups organizing the boat felt like.

Nathan