Subject: [Leica] WTT: 50 to 50
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Fri Aug 11 06:51:53 2006

I have been using my third -- see archives -- 50 Summilux Asph for a
while now and, while I love its performance, I cannot accustom myself
to its slightly stiffer focusing action. Every time I change over to
my 35/1.4A, I sigh with relief. Why I am having trouble adapting I do
not know as all the other 50/1.4A users seem happy. I beginning to
think the problem is me.

Before buying the 50/1.4A, I also tested the last version of the
50/1.4 and was happy enough with everything except the auto-
collapsing hood feature. Sure it is slightly softer in the corners
but that is not an issue with my photography. I also use a IIIg on
occasion and only have a 50/2.8 for it.

This is a long way of saying that I am interested in trading my mint
50/1.4 Asph for one of the 50/1.4 LTM mount lenses produced a few
years back.

John Collier