Subject: OT Re Was [Leica] Re: Pentax K100D, now Sony Alpha vs Nikon
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Aug 11 07:18:02 2006

Don,

Just a follow up on the Sony Alpha here in OZ.

Actually made the electrical discount sellers sale catalogue here, today.

In stock and for sale at a discount with 2GB of memory stick thrown in.

That's the power of BIG electronics manufacturers at work.

I still don't need one, but definitely out of the vapourware category here.

Still nary a D200 to be found here.

More importantly my friendly "local" Leica seller has some fine 28's on hand
for my visit shortly.

Wish me good hunting

Cheers

Hoppy

  _____

Hi Don,
Don't go dampening a good speculation thread with facts. Naturally regarding
the initial reviews, the Sony Alpha gets some very positive spin. Especially
for features vs price. Locally it will be 25% cheaper at retail than the
D70.
The D200 may well be available in quantity in your market now, and via Hong
Kong import.
However still completely absent from dealer shelves here. (

Back on the Sony's, I was actually just most interested in a possible FF
model to come. With the CZ designed primes at their native FOV a big
attractant for me. And I want a big bright finder and to be able to focus it
manually and set the aperture manually and meter as I want and have great
glass and I just described an M8.